Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Albeit late. The Chinese New Year began on January 26, 2009. According to their calendar I am a "Rabbit" (1963). It is written that rabbits are ambitious (rarely), articulate (occasionally), and talented (always!), but may be reserved and conservative (only initially-then watch out!).

I don't consider myself to be a rabbit- especially at this stage of my life. I prefer to be a Wolf-E! Well, I suppose I'd better hop back to work (what's that?!).

8 comments:

Wandering Appalachian said...

It's one of my favorite holidays. I celebrated by eating my weight in gyoza.

Unknown said...

I'm a rabbit too. We're supposed to also be quiet, reserved, introspective, and overly sensitive. Wasn't last year the year of the rat? I thought that was supposed to mean a really good year.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

gyoza?! Don't know what it is, but it sounds dangerous! You might want to call a doctor?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Us bunnies gotta stick together Cate, or we're stew!

I don't know about the quiet & reserved part- I think I'm FAR from that. I will however go w/the sensitive & introspective part.

As far as rats are concerned, I seem to work w/quite a few. Abandon ship!

Secret Squirrel... shhh said...

Vegetable Gyoza rules. I have many in my freezer.
Hey, you're as hot as Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Stefany said...

My brother's zodiac sign is the rabbit. He is NOTHING like the description, though. He is very lazy, only plays the X-Box 360, won't get a real job, has no motivation, has no creativity at all, only watches sports... I could go on.

Wandering Appalachian said...

Gyoza are these tasty Chinese dumplings that are filled with chicken, pork, or vegetables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jiaozi

They're really yummy! I buy them at Trader Joe's frozen. Not as good as the restaurant, but still very tasty.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Thanks for the clarification Gwennie. Gyoza-oh boyza!