Friday, January 2, 2009

You Say You Want a Resolution.....................................

So here we are in 2009! Kinda hard to believe, but numerically it does follow 2008, so that makes sense. So did you compose your list(s) of resolutions? I say HOGWASH! Not to be a negative Nelly or better yet a crucifying Christopher, but I think resolutions for the most part put undo pressure on people that will most likely bring failure and disappointment.

I feel a much better term is goals. You can start at any time. You don't have to wait until the new year to begin. Choose your goals. Better yet choose A goal. Start simple. Work through that, then add another. You may fail. So what. Simply get up, walk it off, throw some dirt in it and start again. How many people do you know that are "there"? I'd like to meet them. Most of us are perpetually trying to get there.

So do you have a goal or goals? I sincerely and truly wish you the best of luck and God speed. My immediate goal is to eat the Chinese food that just arrived and if at all possible wake up each day at least for a few more years!

5 comments:

Stefany said...

Meh, Chinese food. I vote Italian.

And I actually do use the word... term... sound...? "MEH"

There, I truly just said it out-loud.

tia-juana said...

I have resolved yet again this year to place all photographs collected over the last 25 years into photo albums! I started last week.

How's it going with the black hole?

Unknown said...

mmm, chinese food. I think I need to order some noodles from the place down the street.

I think people should set fun goals too, not just things they "should" do. You can improve yourself by doing fun things too.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

I LOVE Italian Stef! Chinese delivered tends to be less expensive.

Someday I'll need to hear "MEH" from your own lips! I'm not sure I believe you. I don't know anyone whose actually said it! Is it Croation for something terrible?

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yes cate- loves me my noodles! Have you ever had cold sesame noodles w/steamed chicken? Yum!

I do agree w/your goal statement- especially the fun part!