Friday, January 9, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action!

Wow, that was quick! I ordered my camcorder on Monday and it arrived yesterday. It's much smaller and lighter than I suspected. I've gotta say, as excited as I am, I'm equally intimidated. So much so, I got the shakes and sweats!

I'm a no tech to low tech guy, so there will be a very steep learning curve I'm sure. You should see the instruction manual. It's worse than Ikea's Assembly instructions. It's a half and half guide. One sides in English, (thank God) and the flip sides in French, oi?

This small tomes' gotta weigh about thirty pounds! If you glued ten Gideon Bibles together you'd have this monster which is in direct competition with War and Peace.

OK-let's see.............page 1..........................................remove lens cap..............

4 comments:

Stefany said...

Is this your first camcorder EVER? Or just your first DVD one? You may have mentioned it, but I forgot...

Ugh, I hate technology.

Well, have a good weekend! There's a snow storm at the moment over here, so I can't do much. At least the woods look lovely...

LittleIsis said...

I like technology, and after being locked in a dungeon as Cinderella for years, I have catching up to do, but I'm a quick study, 'specially when it comes to techno stuff.
Gods, I would love a camcorder. The DVD's my sister and I make at the house in Nowheresville over Christmas, are filled with us doing strange things, dancing, ect...
And it would be a lot easier to make a video diary when Stef and I go on our road trip!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Actually it's a Mini-Dv, which is a small digital cassette. This cam is used by professional film/TV filmmakers. It was a bit over 2G's so it's far from a toy. I've just gotta figure out how to use it.

It snowed here as well, if two inches. A little icy though. Hope you had a good weekend.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

ALWAYS good to hear from you lI! Making vids w/sis, huh? Cool! Post 'em on YT!

Nowheresville? Is that next to nothingtown?!