Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Blisters!

Me and da boys got together last night for rehearsal. We usually get together on Thursday nights. Whatever. We were a little rusty, as it had been over a week since we last practiced. I think it went pretty well. I still marvel at the fact that we fit four guys, two with guitars, one with a bass, and me with my drum kit together in one small living room. We're becoming very close.

The last several practices I've been playing so hard that I've been developing blisters on my hands which pop and hurt. Yuck! I'm also developing calluses on my hands, and not from the usual ways. I've taken to wearing band-aids on my fingers to prevent further injury. Wow. "Band"-aids. I just got that one. Look at me with my unintentional funny!

I spoke to a former band geek drummer. She told me; I'm most likely holding my sticks too tightly. Hey that's kinda personal! What I do with my sticks is my business. Besides, it's in the privacy of my own home. OK, I'm sorry. Got a little carried away with the double entendre's. Let me have it. It's all I have these days for crap sakes!

I was supposed to rehearse tonight with another guy I used to play in a band with. He's trying to get a band together again. He's a solo artist. we'd be the backing band. It would be cool if it happens. I just wonder if I can pull off playing in two bands. We'll see. It would be a nice mix as one band is mostly covers, and the other would be original rock tunes.

Getting back to blisters, once again I found my head composing a little ditty without my consent. And it goes like this............


"THE TWINS DILEMMA"

Norma pimpleheimer found that she had a blister.
In exactly the same place as her lovely twin sister.

Growing larger each day, they sought some help.
Under a doctors exam they let out a yelp.

He said I can fix this, that's just what I'll do.
I have a big pin and It's shiny and new.

He had each one bend over for a much better look.
The sisters grew nervous. they wiggled and shook.

As he began the procedure the lights flickered out.
There was yelling and screaming, and even a shout!

The lights came back on and it could have been worse.
Instead of the sisters the doc stuck the nurse.

-CLW
All rights reserved

3 comments:

Stefany said...

So you play rock music I'm guessing? Who do you guys sound like? The Rolling Stones? AC/DC? The Who? The Doors? Dixie Chicks? I need answers!
By the... OH MY GOD! I saw something I thought was a glare to my right (in the dark) and carried on with typing. Then my cat just jumped up on the desk in front of me. That is when I slighty yelled/whispered, "OH MY GOD!"
Anyway... nice poem!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Good 'OL Stef. I can always count on you. Yes, I play R&R baby! I just began drumming recently after an approx. 6yr. absence (sp?).

This particular band plays covers (other peeps' music) w/a few originals thrown in for bad measure. We do some 60's-70's & eventually, hopefully, & possibly some more current stuff.

The guy I used to play for, for MANY years was part of a band called "Red House". They got sighned by a division of Capitol Records in the very early 90's. They got dropped after one disc but charted in the top 40 & even had a video that was barely shown on MTV.

The guy's name is Bruce Tunkel. Google it. He's a solo artist & I've been several incarnations of his backing band. If you dig guys like; Springsteen, Petty, Dylan, & N.Young you may like him. People seem to either like him or hate him. No in between.

I like cats & I'm glad you like my poem.

C. Louis Wolfe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.