Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Infamous Halloween Kabosh

No it's not a secret holiday recipe or family tradition.

It's my Halloween party NOT happening. Can you hear it? It sounds like nothing! It looked promising that we could use the downstairs board room to conduct our devious Halloween party shenanigans, however one year later, the result was the same. NO!

You see, Mr. Ralph, my friend who happens to also be my landlord, once again brought the idea before the powers that be who promptly and without any sense of morality or decorum vetoed my party plans. They did this last year as well. What location cooler and creepier to hold a Halloween shindig but a cemetery. Well this year I was under the false impression that since it would be held downstairs, as opposed to outback, he could give the yea or nay. But oh no. The man with two first names did the proper thing, and through the proper channels, causing all my Ocktober (German?) hopes to become null and void.

I suppose it's probably for the best. Ask Miss Wolters. Actually, I rescind that, don't ask Miss Wolters. She knows why and you don't want to. On top of that disappointment, I had hopped that my band (P.O.G.) would debut at a friends party. We haven't played any gigs yet, only with ourselves. Oops. That certainly did not sound right. Regardless, my "friend" felt it would be too loud. Apparently most of her friends are "Chatty Cathie's" and she didn't want them to transform into "loud talkers". Slightly less offensive then (or than?) the dreaded "close talkers". Especially if suffering from acute halitosis!

So now I ponder my potentially non horrifying Halloween future. What to do. What to do.

2 comments:

Stefany said...

There was a hilarious episode of Seinfeld about "soft talkers" and "close talkers."

One of my favorite shows, actually watching right now!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Everybody loves that show. I tend to think it was hit or miss. The BEST episode however was "Master of my domain". I think that's what it was called. 1st one I saw.