Sunday, October 19, 2008

We All Fall Down

On this Sunday, my FAVORITE day of the week, the first authentic (weather-wise) fall day has FINALLY arrived! It's in the low 50's with a slight chill breeze.

The trees majestic, display their burning branches. Leafy flames of red and orange, edged with subtle shades of brown. The whispering winds quell the fires, causing the embers to slowly and silently glide to the ground. They gather like old friends. A brief reunion before drifting away.

The days are growing shorter as darkness draws the dark velvet curtain allowing just enough light from the stars and moon to shine through.





Martha LOVED days like today and helped me to appreciate the simple beauty easily taken for granted. I know she's looking down and smiling, as a small tear caresses her cheek.


13 (appropriate) days 'till Halloween. Gather together your sweets. carve a ghoulish grinning pumpkin, serving up some tricks or treats!

2 comments:

Stefany said...

Ugh, I HATE Sundays. They are just so boring.

I wake up at 10:30am and later drink the same coffee as I always do. Then I read my entertainment section of the paper and check the weather outside.

The rest of the day is maybe a grocery shopping trip and an old re-run of something on T.V.

I watch a good movie late at night,though, until I go to sleep and have to wake up at 5:00am the next morning.

Sundays = Not fundays.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Sundays=Fundays!

My dear young Stefany. Days are what you make them. Most people think Sundays suck because the next day is Monday & they have to return to work. I feel that way myself at times.

You could look at it another way. Sunday is one more (free) day before returning to work.

It doesn't have to be boring. A good cup of coffee can be a GREAT start! Reading the news paper can be many things; informative, heart breaking, entertaining, amusing, & lot's of other $h!t. We both love the arts/movie section.

Brunch=food. My favorite meal is breakfast, BUT not at breakfast!

Get up a bit earlier if possible...........or not. That's more time you have to do some things you like before the end of the day.

If your bored, do what I do. Light fires. Blow things up. Trip little children. See, there are tons 'o things to do.

Or you could lay on the couch all day like me in raty, stinky jams, spouting obsenities, talking to yourself, eating week old moldy pizza, & yell at the TV set which isn't even turned on!

See that? How helpful am I?
You can thank me later w/presents. Your welcome.