Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Self Talker

I'm standing on the brink of something and I think it's INSANITY!

There's all kinds of talkers. Fast talkers (RJW), slow talkers, loud talkers, no talkers............................I'm sure you get the picture. What about self talkers? Are they crazy? Are they venting? Are they reasoning? Perhaps they have no one to talk to 'cept the voices in their head.

I think there may be different degrees of self talkers. Mild, medium, and spicy. I started out mild, but I'm not a very good cook. It began as a simple utterance here and there. Somewhat soft and serene. I'm becoming increasingly concerned because it seems my once mild self talking is bypassing medium completely, rapidly approaching spicy hot and I can't seem to get out of the kitchen. Help!

We should not become too worried however as I haven't begun to answer myself back. Well maybe just a little. I don't seem to do it in public (yet), but then again if I'm too far gone without realizing it, I may be doing it all the time. Muttering like a crazed homeless person in comfortable GAP clothing. I have a sense of reassurance that this is not occurring as I'm sure one of my co-workers or confidants would have alerted me..........................or not.

Perhaps they're too afraid?!

Most of my self talking appears to occur at work which makes sense as this is where most of my stress in life occurs. I'd like to think I'm venting or working through problems in a healthy constructive way. I'm hoping the fact that I'm (still) aware I'm doing it, and writing about it means I'm not too far gone and that there is still a sliver of hope for me. I'm not too sure about self monitoring. I may have to hire someone to keep an eye (or muzzle) on me.

I think I'll be all right or possibly just alright.

No you won't!

Yes I will!

Shut up!

No, you shut up!

No comments: