Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Lovely Saturday Night........Almost

The overwhelming mysterious R and me decided we would partake of a joint dinner. I met her at her place of employment at about 7:30 pm, give or take. I found her as usual, with bottle in hand. To make it clear, she's not a drunkard or lush..............yet. The place we were going to was a BYOB, henceforth her preparedness of booze.

"M R", she being of great hunger, encouraged my usual Grand Prix driving. Lights and sirens baby, BOO-YA! I decided to take her to an Indian restaurant. She very much enjoys Indian cuisine. Me, not so much. I think I dined with her on one or two occasions, at one of those flying carpet joints. Keeping an open mind, I thought I'd give it another try.

The place seemed pretty nice decor wise. I had passed by the front window a few times prior thinking the place looked interesting, but being disappointed it served Indian food. It was surprisingly empty for a Friday night. My thoughts weighed between the economy and crappy food. I was hoping it was on account of the economy.

The waitress was VERY talky. Somewhat of a fast talker, with an annoying laugh that fell somewhere between friendly and maniacal. "M R" liked her though. I'll have to admit she seemed knowledgeable about the menu. We ordered an appetizer along with our meals. The "app" was pretty good, although as I type this, what we actually ate escapes me.

Not long after, our meals arrived. I very surprised to see the food being brought to us by Indian Pigmy's riding miniature donkeys. That was pretty cool, although there must be some kind of law against that. I had ordered some kind of dish that was hopefully going to contain chicken and not be too spicy. I recall "M R" ordered some type of chicken dish as well.
"M R" and me like to share our meals so I'm always hoping she'll order something I'll like. I always try to pay so I can guilt her into getting what I want. Such the evil controller! Heh-heh.

Half in the bag from the wine, our wills to avoid dessert were weak. With basically only two types to choose from, we attempted to order the lesser of two evils. I don't know about the other evil, but my feelings on dessert were that it was basically C-R-A-P! We eventually found ourselves overflowing with fullness so we paid the bill and split. We made small talk as I drove her the short distance back to her car. We were tired and parted ways. I went home. She probably went to meet her 9:15.

Arriving home I didn't feel so good. I knew it! Stay away from Indian grub I had told myself, however it was a matter of self sacrifice and trying to keep "M R" happy, 'cause if shes happy, I'm happy....................sometimes.

Resting on the couch in front of the big screen, I began to hear the barely audible gestation's of unearthly noises developing in my body as I debated my Net Flix selections. At first I thought a strange beast had clawed it's way into my humble abode, but as much as I didn't want to, I had to admit I was the cause of the mysterious noises growing louder by the second. My gut would be henceforth trumpeting the coming enemy army deployed for world dominance.

It got worse. ALL NIGHT worse! That my friends is what I meant by "almost". I'll leave it at that and bid you adieu.


Plop-plop fizz-fizz.


PS- I'm typing this on Monday and as it was saved as a draft, it will be automatically posted this past Saturday. Ah, technology. Ooh, my stomach!

2 comments:

Stefany said...

Ugh, I hate Indian food. And Chinese food. AND Mexican food.
I prefer Greek and Italian.

So do you frequently drive around with sirens and lights ablazin'? I would...

Man, all cops probably do that up here. There is practically NO crime (at least where I live... suburb) and I always see 'you people' at Yours Trully (food joint similar to Applebees... as if you wouldn't know...)

*tisk tisk tisk*

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Yo Stef-

I may have to start passing on the Indian if this past Sat. night was any indication. Mex is not bad when I'm in the mood. "ese food" is always good, but bad.

LOVE Ital, but don't have much experience w/Greek unless breaking plates counts!

Actually I don't drive one a dem cars no mo'. I just drive my personal car as if it was a po-po mobile.

What do you mean "YOU PEOPLE" you rasist, anarchist, cop hater. Don't hate. I'll share my donuts w/you. I very much DISLIKE chain restaurants, cops or no cops!

*tisk tisk tisk" yo' self little miss sassy pants!