Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

This is not the good kind of Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, like when you smell or taste something delicious. This is actually the Mmmmmmmmmmmm of being tired. I'm finding it harder and harder to get out of bed in the morning. I even have three "alarms" that sound in an attempt to raise me from the dead.

The first one sounds at 7:55am which is a wake up call to myself, set through my voice mail system. I usually NEVER hear that one. The second call arrives promptly at 7:10 am. This one occasionally rouses me, but not usually. Then comes the phony electronic wind chimes that are supposed to gently wake me. It's difficult to hear these chimes, (played sweetly by Buddhist monks that reside within) over the sound of the white noise machine.

Now white noise is that constant droning sound, somewhat like a SHHHHHHHHH if you tried to write it out. Similar to an air conditioner, fan, or something of that ilk. It's usually used to block out ambient noises. Commonly used to calm and comfort babies, (or me) helping them to fall sleep. It's also helpful to those who work the night shift who need to block out the noises of the daily inside and outside world. It easily becomes addictive. I've used one for approximately twenty years now, and find it difficult to sleep without one. I'm so attuned to it, that if it shuts off either intentionally or unintentionally, I will often immediately wake up. Scary. I even have a portable one that I bring along while traveling. I guess I'm kinda high maintenance. Keep quiet RJ. A friend of mine several years ago dubbed it "The 747" because to her it sounded like the inside cabin of a plane. I found that pretty damn funny.

OK, now that I've gotten way off topic, let me attempt to steer it back on track. perhaps some of my sleep/waking difficulties stem from the the changing seasons, however yesterday I had a HUGE blowout with my immediate supervisor whom I shall refer to as Mr.Ass or MA. Now MA is not a bad guy as I mentioned in a post from back in the day. I actually like the guy.....................................most of the time. He's a bit younger than me and also has less time in, not that that's relevant to the problem.

He's just not very good at communicating with people. He lacks people skills and I believe deep down he's aware of this. He's arrogant and somewhat on a power trip having recently been promoted to a higher rank. He's sarcastic, but in a slightly demeaning way and has a tendency to talk down to people. Not only was he demeaning, but he was demeaning in front of other co-workers, who by their chuckles, seemed to be entertained at MY expense. I was so pissed off all I could see was a bright shade of red! I was so mad I had to leave the office to let off some steam. Yesterdays situation may have also factored in to the sleep/wake disaster.

Not too long ago we (ironically) had to watch a mandatory video on, you guessed it, ANGER management. It also detailed verbal and physical abuse in the workplace. There was also a bit on sexual harassment on the job. I'd welcome that, however my co-workers are predominantly male, and the females can be questionable at best.

I recall seeing my supervisor at the viewing, but he seemed too busy talking, making comments, and giving me the stink eye, to really be paying attention to the video. I think he may have missed a few key parts. I do however believe in karma and the whole circle of life thing. You know the; what goes around, comes around saying? I foresee a baker in his future. One that will be baking a large humble pie. I'm curious as to who will serve him a big ol' slice on a very LARGE plate. Perhaps with a big cold glass of spite to wash it down with! Perhaps that was a bit harsh.............perhaps not.

Eat crow sir, then fly away. Good day!

4 comments:

Stefany said...

I wake up at 5:00am in the morning 5 sometimes 6 days of the week.

Enough said.

I'm actually a morning person, yet I sleep like a rock. I'm usually never tired, either. Ever. Even at the latest of night.
Yet, once I hit the pillow, I'm out cold. I can even sleep through the loudest thunderstorm.
But don't you hate it at night when you sleep without noise? It's like the silence is SO loud that it's ear piercing. Ya know? It's like a constant ringing.
But I haven't experienced this in a while since I have a fish tank in my room AND a lizard tank.
They make noise.

Done with the rambling...

Stefany said...

In the poem, I would take out the line, "you speak of the past."
The poem seems like it's more about speaking without words. That is how people speak truth. Most of the time, we don't even know if we're being real or not. Who the hell are WE? Who are YOU? Who am I? So that is speaking the truth. Like looking at the lines on the face, you realize the hardships and struggles the person who invited... the other person inside... has faced.
Truth.
No words or mannerisms can ever compare to emotions. Inner struggles you can see in the eye.

Am I just rambling again?

Ah, well. I'm sure you just came up with the poem on a whim.

I should post some of my non rhyming non anything poems...

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Ramble all you'd like. I envy your sleeping abilities! Sometimes it's absolute torture! You'd think I'd sleep MUCH better in a cemetery.

Are you a coffee drinker? Part of your energy is probably from your genes. Most of it due to your age. I long for the late nights & late sleeps! The other energy comes from the foods you eat, but mostly the drugs you take! Jus' kidin' lil' sister. ;^)

Yes I know how you feel about the deafening silence (of the lambs), especially 'cause I gotz all dat noise stuff goin'!

Thanks for your poem insights. Yea, I just kinda write it down as it comes. The more I work on it, the more I dislike it! I'll keep the line, only 'cause it's mysterious and goes against the title.

I'd like to see some of your stuff. Poems, I mean!

C. Louis Wolfe said...

5AM?! That's way beyond wrong. Now you make me feel like a winey little bitch. Which I am! ;^)~