Tuesday, October 7, 2008

TV on DVD

Last night I finally finished season 1 of Saving Grace starring academy award winner Holly Hunter. I had herd good things about it. It's about a female cop who drinks too much, smokes too much, and sleeps with almost any man that's equipped with a wenis. It also has a slight supernatural/religious element in the form of a hillbilly angel named Earl who's apparent task is to guide her, and I assume resolve her negative issues with God. His motivations in season 1 aren't completely clear.

Ms. Hunter is a fine actress, actor, whatever, but she wasn't enough to keep me interested, although the best parts of the season were the scenes that focused on the relationship she has with Earl, and the train wreak of her life. As petty as it may sound, one of my biggest problems with the show is that when Ms. Hunter speaks, she has an annoying drawl, not to mention she speaks out of the corner of her mouth. It makes me absolutely furious! Well, not really, however I find it quite grating. Much like fingernails on a chalkboard or metal utensils constantly clinking against teeth. The show is by no means terrible, but it will not be added to my DVD collection. In fact, it's up for sale if your interested. Cheap!

Tonight I will contemplate beginning season 3 of My Name is Earl, in what up to now has been a pretty consistently enjoyable show, or How I Met Your Mother season 3 which I picked up today. Decisions, decisions.

Most importantly, even before I make this life altering decision, a masseuse will be arriving at 7pm to attend to my aching Adonis body. I used to treat myself somewhat regularly to a massage. I haven't had one in many months. I'm pretty sure it will be finished up with an "unhappy ending". In fact I know it will. She's actually a good person and a great masseuse. Hey, I deserve it. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful!

4 comments:

Rennie said...

More things you find grating and that make you furious:
1. Gum Popping
2. Phone calls after 10
3. Hair in the drain
4. Crumbs on the floor
5. Sargeant Roger
6. Text messages

C. Louis Wolfe said...

Must I ALWAYS correct you sweet Ren?

1. Only if you don't share.

2. Unless it's an emergency or more importantly a booty call!

3. Well I know it can't be mine.

4. Only if there's not a broom or vac handy.

6. It's actually Lt. Rodger. You SHOULD know that.

7. Messages that are to me, for me, and about me (in a good way) are usually permitted.

Did I miss anything? :-)

Stefany said...

My Name is Earl is alright. I don't even know how I've been keeping up with all the seasons. There's already been 3? Holy Hell. But I do LOVE The Office. Haven't watched the British one (which I heard is quite good) but I just adore all the characters! UNFORTUNATELY, I missed last weeks episode, the episode after the pilot AKA the follow up to JIM PROPOSING TO PAM!!!
GAH!

p.s. In yor comment above, you asked if you missed anything. The answer is yes, the #5.

C. Louis Wolfe said...

OOPS! My bad. Thanks for the heads up S. It's usually Ren who does that. She's a pro editor w/low tolerence for bad posts. That includes my spelling & grammar.

Take 1 tru 6 and reverse it. See? Now it makes perfect sense if your dislexic.